Do you like putting a dry rub on meat prior to grilling it? Yes? Or maybe you don't know, because you've never tried it? Then welcome to...
Chamekke's Spicy Dry Rub!!!
This recipe makes enough to season 2 skinless chicken breasts ... or coat one chicken breast very thickly! (I expect it's fine on other meats too, just haven't tried it yet because we're not big meat eaters as a rule. Feel free to report back if you do :-)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- A very generous pinch of freshly ground coriander seed
- A dash of cayenne
- A soupçon of freshly grated black pepper (100% optional, what can I tell you, any excuse to use the word soupçon)
1. Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Rub the mix into skinless chicken breasts a few minutes before grilling.
3. Store the unused portion in a lidded container, but don't leave it for too long; that ground coriander seed won't stay fresh forever!
This is now the ONLY way my husband likes to eat chicken. Yup, he's been stealthily beguiled by a healthful, no-fat recipe. I'm so pleased... and amused ;-)